Alltlaw Litigation Support Limited and Altlaw Limited has always treated the collection, use and security of customer data as an important aspect of our customer relationships and business operation. We have many essential policies and practices in place that mean our customers can share their information with us, safe in the knowledge that it will be kept securely and not be sold on or misused.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
In May 2018 the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) comes into force. This new legislation has given us the opportunity to review our approach to the use of customer data and to add more clarity and transparency to our process.
The GDPR is a Europe wide directive that is designed to strengthen and unify data protection for all individuals within the European Union.
At Altlaw Limited and Altlaw Litigation Support Limited (company number(s): 07108843/05155538), we are committed to protecting your data and privacy.
We have published this data protection guide to ensure that you are fully aware of how and why we collect information about you, to whom such information is disclosed and what your rights are. You should ensure that you have read and understood this guide before providing your information to us.
This guide sets out how we will use your personal information.
What personal information do we collect and how do we obtain it?
We receive your personal information when you register to receive our newsletter.
How do we use your personal information
The table below sets out how we may use the different types of personal information we collect from you and our lawful basis for doing so.
Personal data collected
How we use such personal data
Email address you provide to us on subscription to our newsletter.
To send you our weekly newsletter containing our latest offers, details of our new website content and third party links and to invite you to register for an account with us.
We will retain your IP address when you enter and browse our website. We will use your IP address to monitor the performance of our website, to investigate security issues, to monitor how you use our website (the pages you access, the time spent on each page, the frequency at which you visit our website and other related factors) and to provide relevant advertisements relating to our products to you (unless you set your browser settings to tell us that you do not wish us to do so).
Name, email address and/or telephone number provided by you during the use of our website.
To contact you to discuss services that have been requested by you.
We will use these personal details to carry out any services requested by you.
You may withdraw your consent at any time
Some of our use of your personal information is subject to the lawful basis of “consent” (you will be able to see where this is the case in the table above). You are able to withdraw your consent to such processing at any time by either contacting us using the contact details set out below or following the “opt-out” link in each communication we send to you. Please note that if you do opt-out we can no longer contact you with our latest news regarding our services.
Where we store your personal data
We will not transfer any personal data we collect from you to a destination outside the European Economic Area.
How do we protect your personal information?
We protect your personal information in the following ways:
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Receipt of personal information
If you do not want to continue to be contacted by us please contact us using the contact details set out below or by following the opt-out link in each communication we send to you.
You may continue to receive communications on route to you for a short period of time while your suppression is being processed.
Retention of personal information
We will retain your personal information for such time as you still wish to receive our newsletters or hold an account with us. In the event that we are holding your personal information because you have requested a quote from us, we will keep such personal information for the length of the proposed deal in respect of which you have made an enquiry unless you notify us that you wish us to remove your personal information before such time.
We may also be required to keep your data for such longer periods as is required pursuant to applicable laws.
You have various rights in respect of your personal information
You have various rights in respect of your personal information, as follows:
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at:
Your right to make a complaint in respect of our use of your personal information
You have the right to complain in respect of our use of your personal data. If you are a UK resident, your complaint would normally be addressed to the Information Commissioner’s Office, of whom we are a member. Please contact us before you escalate your complaint.
Conditions of using this website
1. We Altlaw Limited and Altlaw Litigation Support Limited (company number(s): 07108843/05155538) provide this website. We are a limited company registered in England and Wales (and our registered office is at Unit 4 Angel Wharf, 54 Eagle Wharf Road, N1 7ER
2. We legally own a wide range of intellectual property rights used in and relating to the Website, including the design, text, graphics and other content of the web pages on the Website, together with all the web addresses associated with those web pages;
About these conditions
1. For the purpose of these conditions, we refer to the Website and the database collectively as 'the Website'.
2. If you log on to or use any part of the Website you agree to these conditions. If you do not want to agree to these conditions, do not log on to or use this Website.
3. We may change these conditions at any time without giving you notice. Please check these conditions from time to time for any changes. By continuing to use the Website you agree to all the changes we make to these conditions.
Using the Website
1. The Website allows you to search for car deals and to contact the organisations that provide these deals and services. You are allowed to use the Website and the results of any search you carry out on the website for this purpose unless this is not allowed under paragraph 6 of these conditions.
2. Prices on the Website are for information purposes only and do not constitute an offer by advertisers which is capable of acceptance by you.
3. The information contained on the Website and from any communication related to the Website does not constitute financial advice.
4. We may limit your access to some parts of the Website depending on whether you have registered with us. Please do not tell other people your log in, password or any other piece of information that is part of our security procedures. We take steps to prevent people misusing the Website and to make sure that our rights are not affected.
6. You cannot use the Website:
1. for any unlawful purpose;
2. to harm, threaten, abuse or harass another person, or in a way that invades someone's privacy or is (in our reasonable opinion) offensive or is unacceptable or damaging to us;
3. to create, check, confirm, update or amend your own or someone else's databases, records, directories, customer lists, mailing or prospecting lists;
4. to tamper with, update or change any part of the Website;
5. in a way that affects how it is run;
6. in a way that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large burden on our technical systems as determined by us; or
7. using any automated means to monitor, copy or scrape the Website or its content, or to interfere with or attempt to interfere with how the Website works.
7. Unless otherwise stated, these terms shall apply to all Websites operated by us from time to time.
This privacy notice has been based on the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). If you are subject to more stringent data protection legislation please refrain from using this website or any of our other services.
We might periodically change this privacy notice. If we decide to change our privacy notice, we will post those changes on this page. We therefore recommend you re-visit this page periodically to check for changes.